On twitter today, a nice lady posted that she had bought a lovely dress in the sales “for best”, but had decided to wear it today instead, because “you never know when you might be run over by a bus”. She then asked what other things people thought she should do before she is run over by a bus.
Questions like that intrigue me and get my imagination working. Here is my list of suggestions, written from the top of my head, in about ten minutes (so don’t take it too seriously):
- Tell everybody you love that you love them
- That one secret project you never get around to – map it out
- If you have never danced naked in the rain, dance naked in the rain
- Be grateful for every wonderful thing that ever happened to you, for every ordinarily, beautiful day and for the bad things that taught you
- Make peace with yourself. You’re better and more special than anybody gave you credit for. Especially yourself.
- Let everyone know that if you hurt them, you’re sorry
- Be aware of the positive differences your presence has made
- Don’t worry about the things you never got done. Your kids will probably do them one day, in your memory.
- Remember to smile
- Wear clean underwear. You wouldn’t want to be run over by a bus wearing soiled underwear.
What would your list include?
Oh and 11) Don’t forget to turn off the gas and turn out the lights.