Artists everywhere, for the sake of yourselves and for everybody that appreciates your art, please heed this:
- Drugs are not actually good for you.
- No human being can, in reality, withstand living the life of the mythical, stereotypical, tragic, tortured artist portrayed by the media.
- Drugs can and inevitably will rob you of your artistic gifts and your ability to create work of lasting quality.
- You are a valuable, beloved, unique and worthy human being, first and foremost. You are an artist second.
- Art borne of emotion, created with courageous originality and of indisputable quality, is immortal. Artists are not.
So very, very sad you are no longer with us, Amy. I was so hoping you would be. You were a nice person.